Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nap time?

Hunter has learned a new skill: climbing out of his crib. Since Sunday night, every nap time and bedtime has been a fight to get him to stay in bed. I knew this day would come eventually. I have been so blessed by his excellent sleeping for the bulk of his life, so this week has been extra tough on me. I do not like disciplining him, but I know that consistency is key.

Today's nap time has already been a mini-war. I put him down and left him for about 15 minutes before going to check on him. When I walked in his room, this is what I found:

I don't even want to think about how he managed to climb up on his changing table. Scares me! But he managed to do it somehow and he had a grand time with the powder. After giving himself and his Thomas a "bath" (as he called it) in the powder, he decided to rub lotion all over his face and changing table. It was a disgusting mess. It was all over his pacifier, which he decided to taste, so it was all inside his mouth. I think that is what bothered him the most.

I cleaned it up as best I could and then needed to give him a bath-- which I hope didn't seem like a reward to him.


Oh, Hunter, you are such a two-year-old. Will you stay in bed this time?

2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness. I'm so grateful Finley sleeps in a foot brace and can't escape the crib. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry! But that is so funny. Not for you of course, but it seems like every kid when they start getting out of bed does something scary/horrid like this. My little brother used something else to smear around so this is a pretty good outcome. Sorta! Ha!You handle these things so well. Sounds like it might be good to get him in his Thomas bed where he might just play quietly during nap time. Maybe. But as always, thanks for the pictures which I have loved and looked at multiple times, getting to laugh at it because I didn't have to deal with it. And forgive me for laughing. I love you both and I feel for you. Love LaVonne

    ReplyDelete